Systems and procedures for running a profitable plumbing business.
Building operational excellence in your home service business isn't just a dream.
If you can go on a 7-day vacation without an anxiety prescription AND make as much gone as you do at work, you have achieved operational excellence status in your plumbing business.
Your wife is begging you to call us.
You should listen to your wife.
Is running your plumbing company on autopilot possible?
Yes, it is. Is getting there easy? No, it’s not. There is a huge difference between autopilot (usually a few zeros) and what most small businesses yearn for. We can help you get both if you have it in you.
Many plumbing success groups, consultants, best practice groups, round tables for plumbing and home service companies… promise a life of luxury and visions of drinking margaritas on a beach for months on end while your business runs like clockwork. This is possible. Many before you have achieved this. But if you want these things, it’s going to involve much more than writing a check.
Often increasing a home service business’s profitability, be it plumbing or HVAC, is attributed to sales. Most specifically increasing them. While we are great at increasing our client’s sales, we also know that the only difference between a poorly managed $500,000 business and a poorly managed 2 million dollar company is the amount of money it bleeds out each day.
Regardless of their size (1 truck or 25 trucks) our clients conquer the quest for operational excellence in their plumbing service business by working with us to design and implement:
- Clear and concise mission statements, codes of conduct, and goals for their plumbing company
- Written job descriptions for plumbing, HVAC, and electrical techs, call center reps, accounting personnel, marketing manager, general management and owners (sometimes all these hats are worn by one person)
- Written systems and procedures for call center conduct, service call execution, and how to handle dissatisfied clients
- Manageable truck stock programs, service call restock programs, and warehouse operations
- On call schedules for phones and service personnel
- Written price books
- Plumbing business software
We have done all of the above and then some. In companies big and small. Don’t feel like you need all of it at once. But you do need to take a bite out of the elephant. If you choose not to, and 365 days pass, you know exactly where you’ll be. Take the fork we’re holding out. Be brave, be bold, be ready.